Marketing Assistant- Short Term
SHORT TERM – MARKETING ASSISTANT REPORTING TO: SENIOR ADVISOR – PR AND MARKETING LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, BARBADOS
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Short Term – Marketing Assistant will support the communications department with a range of administrative duties and marketing activities.
Reporting to the Senior Advisor – PR and Marketing, the Short-Term Marketing Assistant will contribute significantly to the visibility of Caribbean Export and overall work being implemented by the Agency.
• Assist with the implementation of communications activities.
• Support the monitoring of communication platforms i.e. marketing email inbox and social media channels.
• Support content management on the organization’s website.
• Research and maintain the Agency’s communications mailing lists.
• Collate statistics to support the preparation of monthly reports on communications.
• Provide support to the Agency’s event activities as required.
• Prepare purchase orders and process payments in accordance with the Agency’s established procedures.
• Coordinate and perform a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the Agency; liaise with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
• Assist in preparation for missions and promotional events including activities not limited to travel arrangements, registrations, preparation of materials, manuals and database management. Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project related activities.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• Experience with Microsoft’s suite of business software such as SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word and Power point
• Knowledge and experience using marketing tools e.g. mail chimp, word press, Google analytics
. • Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively to meet several deadlines.
• Ability to work in teams and under pressure with competing demands.
• Good judgment and decision-making.
• Utilises initiative and is adaptable.
• Demonstrates confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
• Pays attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, diverse, dynamic environment.
• Efficiency in the use of an integrated accounting system, use of ACCPAC/SAGE is desirable.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate information to target audience.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or related field. • A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar capacity in a comparable organisation.
• A CARIFORUM national – must have CSME certificate to work in Barbados. Travel outside Barbados is not anticipated.
The Short-Term Marketing Assistant is required to work office hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Contract period: July to December 2022